David Chambers joined the West Coast family in July as a Segway tour guide in 2013. Towards the end of the peak tour season, he transitioned into the role of Office Manager. In addition to overseeing the Segway department, he provided support to each staff member and help to facilitate various employee processes. David’s abilities have catapulted him into the role of General Manger. David is also the pastor of Community of Hope Church in West Seattle. We had a chance to ask David a few questions recently. Here’s what he had to say:
Tell us a little about yourself?
I was born on Eglin AFB, in Florida, to David and Sharon Chambers. Growing up, I lived in various places around the world as my father was stationed at different military bases. When I was 16 years old we moved to Tacoma, WA. I have managed Burger King Restaurants, run a forklift for K- mart, and served in the United States Air Force. My pastoral experience has taken me to Olympia, WA; Nampa, ID, Lakewood, CO; Colorado Springs, CO, Vancouver, WA; and Seattle, WA. I have served as a Youth Pastor, Adjunct Professor, College Admissions Counselor, and Senior Pastor. I have been married to my wife, Lisa, for 25 years (but it seems like just yesterday). We have three kids – Joshua (24), Timothy (22), and Carolynn (17).
- …about places you have lived: Of all the places I have visited and lived, Seattle is my favorite city. Outside of Seattle, I have lived in, or traveled through, 24 states and more than 20 countries across four continents.
- …what’s on your iPod: David Crowder Band, Chris Tomilin, OC Supertones, Daughtry, U2, Mozart, The Beatles, and much more
- … the kind of books you like: I enjoy leadership books, Science Fiction (anything Star Wars), and books like the Jason Bourne series by Robert Ludlam.
- …what you watch on TV: I enjoy Psych, Leverage, Master Chef (Junior too), Biggest Loser, anything Star Trek, Phineas & Ferb
- …about your favorite team: While I am not a fanatical sports fan, I enjoy watching the Denver Broncos play football. I also enjoy attending baseball games live.
- … what movies you watch: I’m a huge movie buff. I love everything from the creative idea to filming and editing. I’m a big fan of anything Superhero based, and after 25 years of marriage I also enjoy the occasional “chick flick.” I am not, however, a fan of the horror genre.
- … what your hobbies are: I am an information junkie and enjoy technology, cycling, and the outdoors in general.
- … what you dislike: People who don’t follow through on commitments, chain e-mails/spam, and tomatoes.
- …an odd facts: I have metal plates in my face from playing soccer for the Air Force.